Read these guidelines before filling out the submission form.
Before you start, to check that your chosen date is available, open the Sumac Diary in a fresh tab. Note that the Month View show all regular events whilst there List View only shows the first of a recurring series, so be careful not to clash with a regular booking.
Be as detailed and accurate as possible and check carefully before submitting.
If certain information is missing it is possible your event won’t be published.
- Event Title: Obvious, really!
- Event Description: What it says. Include any relevant links, eg to campaign websites.
- Event Categories: Tick if the event is open to the public!
- Event Image: Include one if possible – it really helps the event stand out.
- Event Time and Date: Must be correct – check time & date; and check again!
- Venue Details: This should be left as the default location, the Sumac Centre.
- Organiser Details: At least a Group Name & website is useful. If the organiser can be contacted via their website do not include phone number & email address here. All info in this section is publicly visible. If you do not want any details to be published, please send us a courtesy message so that we can contact you privately in case of emergency.
- Event Website: Preferably the organiser’s actual event page URL, (otherwise a Facebook event link)
Once your event has been confirmed by an email from the moderator, post details to Sumac Centre on Facebook and send an announcement to Sumac@Riseup.net, requesting that it is forwarded to the [SumacNews] mailing list.
Further room booking info is archived at http://www.veggies.org.uk/